What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to provide appropriate hoof care to a horse.
Be able to work safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Demonstrate that they are able to identify parts of the hoof
- Explain what two parts of the hoof are for
- Explain the importance of appropriate hoof care
- Demonstrate that they can clean out a hoof using a hoof pick
- Demonstrate cleaning and storing PPE and other equipment safely
- Demonstrate maintenance of the health and safety of self, others, and animals during the activity