What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to halter and lead a horse.
Be able to work safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explain how they identify the horse that they will take out
- Demonstrate that they can select appropriate equipment to halter and lead a horse
- Demonstrate approaching and haltering the horse in a manner which minimises risk
- Demonstrate leading a horse from one location to another
- Demonstrate safely releasing the horse safely on return
- Explain why all gates and doors should be shut securely
- Demonstrate cleaning and storing PPE and other equipment safely
- Demonstrate maintenance of the health and safety of self, others, and animals during the activity