What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Participate in a range of sensory garden experiences while planting seeds.
Participate in a range of sensory garden experiences while caring for plants.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Choose a container for planting
- Experience different textures of soil eg wet and dry
- Experience at least two types of seed
- Plant seeds with practical support eg hand over hand
- Experience at least two sensory activities linked to caring for plants eg using a watering can, finding a sunny part of the garden or making a hole for planting a sapling