What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Correctly identify the sun, moon and some of the planets in our solar system.
Understand the importance of the sun in our solar system.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Create a labelled model or image of our solar system
- Recognise that the sun is a star
- State how many hours there are in a day
- Suggest at least two reasons for why the sun is important to life on Earth
- Track and describe the changes to shadows throughout a day