What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to identify hazards in an equestrian setting.
Be able to identify and use personal protective equipment (PPE).
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify three common hazards that may be present in an equestrian workplace
- Describe one strategy for each hazard to minimise the risk of accidents or injuries
- Identify three types of personal protective equipment commonly used in an equestrian workplace
- Explain the purpose and importance of each piece of PPE
- Demonstrate the correct way to wear, adjust, and maintain each item of PPE