What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Demonstrate knowledge of goats and their behaviour.
Demonstrate safe interaction with goats.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Demonstrate understanding of basic goat characteristics, behaviour, and their significance in farming
- Identify at least two common goat breeds and their distinguishing traits
- Recognise and describe signs of a stressed or agitated goat
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene when handling goats
- Successfully approach a goat without startling or agitating it
- Demonstrate appropriate responses to a goat showing signs of stress or agitation
- Practice safe and gentle handling of goats during feeding and grooming
- Wash hands properly after handling goats to maintain personal hygiene