What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to check for signs of health in a donkey.
Be able to work safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explain why donkeys should be regularly checked for health
- List two signs that would indicate that a donkey is unwell
- Demonstrate that they can prepare a donkey for a health check
- Demonstrate that they can do a basic health check on a donkey
- State two actions that can be taken for one sign of ill health
- Demonstrate they can release the donkey safely after the health check
- Demonstrate they can use, clean, and store PPE and other equipment safely
- Demonstrate they can maintain the health and safety of self, others, and animals during the operation