What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to check for signs of health in a goat.
Be able to work safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explain why goats should be regularly checked for health
- List two signs that would indicate that a goat is unwell
- Demonstrate that they can prepare a goat for a health check
- Demonstrate that they can do a basic health check on a goat
- State two actions that can be taken for one sign of ill health
- Demonstrate that they can release the goat safely after the health check
- Demonstrate that they can use, clean, and store PPE and other equipment safely
- Demonstrate that they can maintain the health and safety of self, others, and animals during the operation