What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Engage in activities to develop communication skills linked to the topic of 'Going Places'.
Engage in activities to develop mathematic skills linked to the topic of 'Going Places'.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explore the sensory qualities of items related to travel e.g. brochures, music from different countries, foods, sounds linked to travel
- Respond to objects and items they interact with e.g. through eye pointing, reaching out, requesting, vocalising, expressing preferences
- Demonstrate anticipation when going to different places
- Experience counting activities linked to travelling
- Experience shopping activities linked to travelling e.g. buying holiday clothes, tickets, exchange of money for gifts
- Explore stacking, packing or piling objects for a trip