What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Engage and participate in activities to develop communication skills in relation to the local community.
Engage and participate in activities to develop early mathematical skills in relation to the local community.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explore and respond to objects, pictures and other sensory stimuli related to key features and places in the local community
- Indicate a preference for a community venue or activity using eye pointing, body language, vocalisation and or gesture
- Demonstrate anticipation, once prepared, when going on a community visit
- Experience and engage in counting activities linked to features and activities in the local community
- Participate in monetary exchange, with support, during visits to different community venues
- Respond to objects of different shape, size, colour and texture within the local community