What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Participate in a practical clay activity.
Be able to clean and tidy the work area.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Choose and wear protective clothing
- Identify and follow the health and safety rules required when using clay
- Watch a demonstration of the basic techniques used in making a ceramic item
- Make a ceramic item of their choice on two occasions following instruction
- Clean and tidy the work area
- Store items in the correct place