What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Develop their functional literacy skills in relation to participating in different leisure activities.
Develop their functional numeracy skills in relation to their participation in different leisure activities.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Scan a piece of text for information whilst researching leisure activities and their benefits
- Write a letter of recommendation to describe a favoured leisure activity and its potential benefits
- Produce a presentation to describe the benefits of three different leisure activities
- Design a survey to show preferred leisure activities for a student group and produce a bar graph of the information received
- Extract information from the bar graph to use in a presentation
- Pay for a leisure activity in the community and estimate the change required when a covering amount is given on at least two occasions
- Calculate how long an organised leisure activity will last when the start and finish times are known on at least two occasions