What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to follow a trail of markers.
Be able to make a safe choice in an outdoor environment.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Follow a trail of markers for at least five minutes
- Recognise when they have reached the end of the trail
- observe the terrain and move in a safe manner
- stay within the established safe zone
- point out a hazard to another person
- answer a question about a visible hazard
Demonstrate a safe choice in one of the following ways: