What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to identify a feature on a simple map, diagram or aerial photograph and on the ground.
Be able to move along a route as an active member of a group.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Communicate what a feature on a simple map, diagram or aerial photograph represents
- Identify a large, distinctive feature in an outdoor area
- Identify their own location on a simple map, diagram or aerial photograph
- Move along a route with others
- Stay part of a group for the duration of the journey
- Support other group members when required
- Act in a safe manner