What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to demonstrate they can safely balance on and cycle a bike.
Be able to demonstrate appropriate control and operation of a bike.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Demonstrate their stability and balance on a bike while pedalling and moving
- Demonstrate the necessary skills required to brake safely
- Demonstrate the ability to change gears
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate amongst pedestrians
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate cycle lanes