What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to choose a suitable healthy soup recipe to make.
Be able to prepare and cook the soup.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify ingredients that are healthy
- Find at least three recipes to make a healthy soup and choose one to make
- Give a reason why they have picked the chosen recipe
- Identify and collect the necessary equipment and ingredients to make the soup
- Follow the recipe and cook the soup to their satisfaction, with support as required, following safety requirements when using knives, hot liquids etc
- Produce an evaluation of the soup including what they like, what changes they would make and if they would prepare the soup again