What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to prepare to make an omelette.
Be able to make an omelette safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify a recipe that they will use
- Identify the ingredients they will use
- Identify and gather the equipment they will use
- State at least two potential hazards they need to be aware of when making or cooking the omelette eg using knives, hot pans
- Identify at least two good hygiene practices when preparing an omelette eg washing hands, using fresh ingredients, using clean utensils
- Follow basic health and safety practices when preparing and making the omelette; including clearing away, with support as required