What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to correctly choose ingredients and necessary equipment from the selection available.
Be able to make and construct the sandwich.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Select two slices of bread
- Choose two fillings from a selection of four, eg cheese, cucumber, tomato; sliced turkey
- Select condiments as appropriate, eg mayonnaise; butter
- Select all utensils needed, eg knife, chopping board, plate for serving
- Prepare bread as required; eg slice it; put spread on
- Use a sharp knife to slice cucumber, onion or similar
- Construct the sandwich neatly and in the correct order
- Present the sandwich on a plate