What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Understand how to use at least three different kitchen measures.
Be able to use different kitchen measures by following a simple recipe.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify a range of different kitchen measures and their purpose; e.g a jug measures liquid; spoons measure small amounts; scales larger amounts
- Use at least three different kitchen measures, with support if required e.g spoons, cups, scales, measuring jug
- Follow a recipe which requires them to use at least three different kitchen measures
- Choose the correct measure when following a recipe; eg teaspoon
- Measure out the item correctly using the kitchen measure; with support as required