What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Know how to put on and take off horse rugs.
Know how to work safely.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- State the potential hazards when using rugs with leg straps
- Explain why rugs must be put on correctly
- Explain what to do if rugs slip
- Demonstrate how to put on and remove the horse rug
- Demonstrate how to fold and store rugs
- State the types of problems that may occur and to whom they should be reported
- Demonstrate safety precautions to be taken whilst putting on and taking off horse rugs
- Demonstrate ability to carry out the task safely on five occasions