What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Explore real life settings, photos and sounds related to nature and the environment.
Experience maths activities related to nature and the environment.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Use senses to explore items and environments related to nature. e.g. leaves, stones, branches, parks, woodlands
- Communicate a preference or indicate objects they would like to interact with
- Sustain concentration on sounds for short periods of time e.g. running water, bird song, wind moving wind chimes
- Indicate a direction they would like to go in when exploring nature and the environment
- Experience counting activities linked to nature and the environment e.g. counting seeds, flowers, animals etc
- Experience measuring activities, including stacking, pouring and levelling related to nature and the environment e.g. stacking plant pots, pouring water, levelling compost