What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Participate in activities to develop literacy skills linked to nature and the environment.
Participate in activities to develop maths skills linked to nature.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Choose 3 symbols or pictures that represent items found in nature e.g. flowers, bark, soil
- Create a collection of items found in nature and choose how to display these e.g. photos, collage, powerpoint
- Match images/symbols to specific items found in books or on the computer when learning about nature
- Explore the shapes of 3 different items linked with nature and the environment
- Create repeating patterns using items from nature
- Record the weather daily for week
- Count at least 3 items linked to a nature theme
- Identify appropriate clothing for a weather condition