What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Develop their speaking and listening skills in relation to the world of work.
Develop their reading and writing skills in relation to the world of work.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Follow a simple three-step instruction when carrying out a work based task
- Use polite terms when asking for information from someone in the workplace
- Write a formal message to someone in the workplace through a range of mediums.
- Hold a telephone conversation with someone in the workplace
- Ask at least four questions to some one in the workplace to find out information on two occasions
- Name the purpose of three different types of text related to work eg advert, invoice, letters
- Follow a sequence of symbolised activity to complete a task linked to work eg a recipe, instructions making in craft
- Read simple key words on an application form eg name, address
- Read ten work related keywords
- Use capital letters and full stops in writing about work
- Spell ten job related words