What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to demonstrate how to use tools safely.
Be able to demonstrate the safe use of a sharp tool.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Name the tools that they are using
- Select the appropriate tool for the task
- Hold the tools appropriately and demonstrate how to use them correctly
- Clean the tools once they have been used and store them appropriately
- Demonstrate that they can hold and use a sharp tool safely ie moving the tool away from their body
- Whittle a stick for a specific purpose